SIM swap scams is a thing, and it can happen to anyone! We certainly don't want it to happen to you which is why we've put together some tips on how to stay safe.
- If you're not getting calls and messages, look into it right away.
- Keep your phone on - otherwise you won't notice if your SIM card has been swapped.
- Let us know if you change your cellphone number by calling Mr Price Money customer care on 0800 212 535.
- If you lose reception on your cell phone check what the problem could be.
- If an illegal SIM swop is done, let us know asap by calling 0800 212 535. If someone has access to your number, they might shop on your Mr Price Money account.
- If you're unsure, you can make a quick call to your mobile service provider to test if your number still belongs to you.
How exactly does a SIM swap work? We've broken that all down for you here.
NB! If your SIM card has been swopped, make sure you report it within 48 hours to Mr Price Money Customer Care.